Countries included in the dataset are all countries in Africa and India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Thailand and Myanmar. For other countries, the ACLED website provides the list of datasets (potentially) available.
The sample period starts from 1997.
Comparison to other cross-country conflict datasets can be found here.
Comparison to other conflict datasets for Nigeria and South Africa is available here.
Use in economics research
- Hariri and LaFerrara (2013) estimate the impact of weather shocks on conflict events in Africa.
- Rohner et al (2013) estimate the impact of conflicts on trust and ethnic identity in Uganda.
- Besley and Reynal-Querol (2014) estimate the impact of pre-colonial conflicts on post-colonial conflicts in Africa.
- Michalopoulos and Papaioanou (2015) estimate the impact of ethnic groups being partitioned by the national border on conflicts in Africa.
- The list of other research articles using the dataset can be found here.
Post a Comment